Hi, my name is Dawn … and this blog is my story, my journey.
Let me start by saying “THANK YOU” for visiting my blog. I hope you find some tips and information that will help you through whatever journey you may be on.
So, why did I create this site? For me, it serves as an outlet (a journal) and a forum to keep me accountable and to share my thoughts and feelings as I navigate the new healthier journey that I am now embarking on. Yep, that’s right! I have decided to embark on a journey that will change everything in my life — especially my body image, my health, and how I view food.
This is a perfect place for me to think, feel, discover, expand, remember, and dream.
- Think — Thoughts are created in the act of writing. It is a myth that you must have something to say in order to write. Reality: You often need to write in order to have anything to say. Thought comes with writing, and writing may never come if it is postponed until we are satisfied that we have something to say.
- Feel — What I write may be meaningful to you (the reader), but not nearly as meaningful as it is to me. I am better for having required myself to verbalize my innermost feelings.
- Discover — Often, simply by writing about ourselves we begin to see life from a new perspective. This blog gives me a chance to discover things about myself I didn’t even know were there. As I write, I can figure out who I really am.
- Expand — If I write about my experiences, I will become more aware of them in my life; and thereby, will grow and learn based on past experiences. Writing, like other arts, is a representation of life.
- Remember — Memory experts agree that writing down experiences can help us remember them longer and with greater accuracy. This makes it easy for me to look back over my own life and see the progress I am—or am not—making. This can motivate me to stay on course or help me to make positive changes.
- Dream — This will provide a place for self-expression – a vehicle for reflection – where I can experiment with ideas and materials (through my research and through help from you – the reader – with your comments, suggestions, and encouragement), post my goals, my successes, the paths that I follow to achieve the things I want most, and to help me manifest my dreams into reality.
If no one is going to read it, why write it? It helps me clean my brain – it’s a tool that helps me sort all of my thoughts and feelings out. The process of writing something down forces me to think it through until I understand it.
Mostly, it will help me to succeed!
* Plan your healthy life now:
- Visit my About Me page to learn about who I am
- Visit my Acknowledgements page to view links to web sites detailing different diet theories and plans that I utilized to create my unique plan.
- Visit my “I did it!” page to share your success story – I love reading about others and learning what worked for them. I will read them frequently – it helps me stay motivated.
* * * I love feedback and comments – so feel free to share! * * *
* P.S. > I got the idea for the name of this blog from a blog post title (http://tonetiki.com/2012/04/27/from-fat-to-skinny-in-one-year/), as I follow her blog and I am counting on her support through the upcoming years. I don’t know if I will truly be skinny in just a year, but my true goal is to be skinnier and healthier in a year. I figure if I can survive “terminal” cancer, I can do this. Please join and support me on this path to a healthier, more fulfilling life.